Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
Landau are seeking to appoint an experienced Employment Specialist, working intensively with a caseload of participants who have barriers that impacts on their ability to gain work. Assisting them to obtain and sustain training and employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
You will be required to meet and exceed performance targets for referrals, employer engagement, and job starts in adherence with compliance with contractual guidelines, quality procedures and paperwork requirements.
These is a Fixed Term post until June 2022
Relevant previous experience in the recruitment, welfare to work, supported employment field is essential, along with experience of working with people and holding a caseload of participants who present with barriers into employment.
This could include those who experience poor Mental/ Physical Health, Substance Misuse, Homelessness, Veterans, Offending, NEETS, those from a disadvantage background, LD, PD and the Long Term Unemployed is also essential. Experience of administration of funded provision (Lottery. ESF, ACL, SFA) is desirable.
We would like to see experience of partnership working and integration with key agencies, negotiation and liaison work with other agencies, particularly experience of opening up job opportunities with a range of employers
Travel will be required so a full driving licence and access to a car is essential. The posts also require an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost)
We will require an application form completing, for full Job Description, Skills and Core Competencies & Application Form please refer to: https://www.landau.co.uk/careers/
Key responsibilities will include:
• You will be expected to manage a caseload, meeting and exceeding performance targets for referrals, employer engagement, and job starts in adherence with compliance to contractual guidelines, quality procedures and paperwork requirements.
• To remain compliant with contractual paperwork, follow and adhere to process. Work alongside the team leader and quality assurance team ensuring Start and Outcome paperwork is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner, along with reviewing the quality of recording the participant’s journey.
• To prepare individuals for a return to work by supporting participants to understand their skills, aspirations and goals through vocational profiling and action planning using a high quality of IAG. To guide participants through their employment journey, considering training and work experience according to their level of job readiness. Identify barriers to employment and assist participants with job readiness skills, job search activities, CV building etc. When appropriate focus on rapid job search with clients.
• To identify and attend important steering groups and key stakeholder meetings, promoting the charity in a positive and professional manner and to act as an advocate for Landau and the services we provide across the business.
• To engage with employers daily, spending time getting to know local employers, job carving and negotiating opportunities that meet each individual’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences. Effectively access the hidden labour market and external agencies and assist in delivering Landau’s employer engagement/job development strategies.
This Post is fully funded by ESF and National lottery community fund.
• Salary: £23,540k
• Full-time post 37 hours a week
• Location: Aspects of home working, will also be out in the community across Herefordshire or Shropshire depending on the area you are applying for
• The posts will commence on the successful candidates earliest available date
• Fixed term contract until June 2022 (further possible extension to early 2023 to be confirmed by end March 2021).