Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
Landau are seeking to appoint an Employment Specialist, who might have expertise in the IPS model of support, working intensively with people who have a range of difficulties and barriers including mental health issues, that impact on their ability to gain work. You will assist them to obtain and sustain training and employment that is consistent with their vocational goals. We are looking for a multi-skilled individual who will work in close partnership with referring agencies and stakeholders, including Primary Care and Community Mental Health Teams if appropriate, delivering employment support to clients.
This is a Fixed Term post until June 2022 and is funded by European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
Relevant experience in the supported employment/Welfare to Work/recruitment sector is desirable, and some knowledge of the Voluntary Sector would be useful.
Applicants should have the ability to establish a rapport with people from all walks of life and be capable of identifying barriers that prevent an individual from moving forward.
Travel will be required so a full driving licence and access to a car is essential. The posts also require an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with referring agencies (may include clinical teams) to generate referrals and create collaborative working partnerships
- Supporting participants to understand their skills aspiration and goals through the completion of vocational profile producing an action plan to obtain competitive employment in line with their preferences
- Identify barriers to employment and assist participants with job readiness skills, job search activities, CV building etc.
- Where appropriate attend clinical team meetings to integrate employment support alongside health treatments
- Focus on rapid job search with clients to while utilising local support networks to help them overcome barriers to employment
- Proactively source job opportunities directly with employers through a tailored and targeted approach
- You will be expected to manage a caseload, meeting and exceeding performance targets for referrals, employer engagement, and job starts in adherence with compliance to contractual guidelines, quality procedures and paperwork requirements.
- Salary: £25000k
- Full-time post 37 hours a week
- Location – Due to Covid-19 restrictions at present, all staff are working remotely from home. Once we can work in an office again, the candidate shall be based at the Cannock office with the odd travel to Wellington, Telford
- Closing date: TBC WHEN STEPSTOWORK APPROVE
- Interview date: TBC WHEN STEPSTOWORK APPROVE – Interviews will be held via the platform Zoom due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- The posts will commence on the successful candidates earliest available date