Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
Landau are seeking to appoint an experienced Employment Specialist, who have experience in supported employment and might have expertise in the IPS model of support, working intensively with people who have a range of difficulties and barriers including mental health issues, that impact on their ability to gain work. You will assist them to obtain and sustain training and employment that is consistent with their vocational goals. We are looking for a multi-skilled individual who will work in close partnership with referring agencies and stakeholders, including Primary Care and Community Mental Health Teams if appropriate, delivering employment support to clients.
These is a Fixed Term posts until January 2022
Relevant experience in the supported employment/Welfare to Work/recruitment sector is essential, and some knowledge of the Voluntary Sector would be useful. Applicants should have the ability to establish a rapport with people from all walks of life and be capable of identifying barriers that prevent an individual from moving forward.
Travel will be required so a full driving licence and access to a car is essential. The posts also require an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with referring agencies (may include clinical teams) to generate referrals and create collaborative working partnerships
- To meet and exceed performance targets in new starts, job searching, training, work experience, employer engagement and employment.
- You will be expected to manage a caseload and be compliant with all paperwork in adherence to contractual guidelines, quality procedures and paperwork requirements.
- Supporting participants to understand their skills aspiration and goals through the completion of vocational profile producing an action plan to obtain competitive employment in line with their preferences
- Identify barriers to employment and assist participants with job readiness skills, job search activities, CV building etc.
- Focus on rapid job search with clients to while utilising local support networks to help them overcome barriers to employment
- Proactively source job opportunities directly with employers through a tailored and targeted approach. Continue to cultivate these relationships and to develop new employer contacts
This post is fully by ESF and National lottery community fund.
- Salary: £23,540k
- Full-time post 37 hours a week
- Location – Wellington, Telford base but covers all of Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin
- The posts will commence on the successful candidates earliest available date
- The posts will be based at the head office in Telford, but much of the work will be out in the community
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to equality and diversity.