Job title: Finance and Payroll Assistant
Job reference number: 10010
Closing date: 18th May 2021
Interview date: 19th May 2021
Landau is a supported employment and training charity that transform over 800 lives a year across the West Midlands by providing routes to employment, access to learning, social enterprise help and support for personal growth. We are an ever growing, diverse organisation providing quality, sustainable services.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Finance and Payroll Assistant to join the team and support the Head of Finance, Finance Team Leader and other senior staff as required. Providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. Along with guidance and support to the wider finance team and other staff. This post will be part funded by National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund (ESF). Fixed term until 1st July 2022.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Create, send, and follow up on customer and supplier invoices.
– Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets and post journals.
– Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc. Including assisting on BBO claim preparation and checks as required.
– Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
– Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees, funders, customers and service users.
– Processing staff expenses and credit card statements.
– Drafting & submitting payroll on a monthly and ad hoc basis whilst maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data. Including the necessary HMRC & Pension filing requirements.
– Maintain weekly and monthly payment runs and send remittances.
– Ensure customers pay on time and chase any overdue invoices.
– Provide cover across the finance team and cover the finance telephone line & inbox.
– Adhere to the company’s or organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
– Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and service users as needed.
– Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior staff.
– Other duties as required and not limited to finance department.
Full time hours: 37 per week
Salary: £23,540 (growth in salary possible after successful probation)
This is a fixed term post until July 2022.
This post will be part funded by National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund (ESF).
The posts will commence on the successful candidates earliest available date
Please complete the job application and submit your CV via this link