IPS Employment Specialists
Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
Landau are seeking to appoint IPS Employment Specialists working intensively with a small caseload of people who have mental health issues that impact on their ability to gain work. You will assist them to obtain and sustain training and employment that is consistent with their vocational goals. We are looking for multi-skilled individuals who will work in close partnership with Primary Care and Community Mental Health Teams, delivering employment support to clients in parallel to their health treatment.
These are Fixed Term posts until March 2021 and can be full or part-time
Relevant experience in the supported employment/Welfare to Work/recruitment sector is desirable, and some knowledge of the Voluntary Sector would be useful. Applicants should have the ability to establish a rapport with people from all walks of life and be capable of identifying barriers that prevent an individual from moving forward.
Travel will be required so a full driving licence and access to a car is essential. The posts also require an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with clinical teams to generate referrals and create collaborative working partnerships with clinicians
- Supporting participants to understand their skills aspiration and goals through the completion of vocational profile and produce an action plan to obtain competitive employment in line with their preferences
- Identify barriers to employment and assist participants with job readiness skills, job search activities, CV building etc.
- Where appropriate attend clinical team meetings to integrate employment support alongside health treatments
- Focus on rapid job search with clients to while utilising local support networks to help them overcome barriers to employment
- Proactively source job opportunities directly with employers through a tailored and targeted approach
- You will be expected to manage a caseload, meeting and exceeding performance targets for referrals, employer engagement, and job starts in adherence with compliance to contractual guidelines, quality procedures and paperwork requirements.
Interested applicants can download further information and an application form by visiting our website www.landau.co.uk
- Salary: £22-25k (pro-rata if part-time)
- Closing date: 19th July
- Interview date: 2nd August – interviews will be held in Hereford
- The posts will commence on the successful candidates earliest available date
- The posts will be based at the head office in Hereford, but much of the work will be out in the community
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to equality and diversity.