Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support with high quality teaching and learning activities on the delivery of a Study Programme in Telford, supporting young people who hold an Education, Health & Care Plan. This is a Fixed Term contract to 31st July 2021. We are looking to appoint someone as soon as possible. The post holder will be working both 1:1 and in small groups in our training centre in Wellington.
We need someone who is creative, takes the initiative, has patience and an enterprising mindset, practical skills and strong teaching ability. You should be able to quickly build a rapport with young people and have an understanding of the barriers young people can face. The post holder will be supporting young people to build resilience, develop their communication, personal and social skills and we would like the post holder to have or be willing to work towards gaining expertise in Makaton as part of their CPD. This is an incredibly rewarding job for the right person.
Key responsibilities will include:
- With support from the lead tutor devise and deliver high quality engaging activities to meet the needs of the young people and the key objectives on their EHCP
- Help to develop confidence, motivation and social skills
- Support the young people on work experience placements
- Undertake regular reviews with the young people, their families and carers to ensure progress against identified aims and objectives
- Support with health and well-being
This post will be mostly based in the Landau centre but there will be some external activities. The post holders must have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role and be someone who really likes to work with young people.
This role will require travel outside of the centre so applicants must have a full driving licence and access to a car. Applicants must also undertake a DBS disclosure (at Landau cost).
- Full time 37 hours a week
- £20k p.a
- 25 days annual leave & bank holidays
Interviews will be held at our Wellington site
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to equality and diversity.