Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
We have an exciting opportunities for Learning Support Assistants on the delivery of a Study Programme in Telford, supporting young people, some of whom have learning needs and who hold an Education, Health & Care Plan. These are Fixed Term contracts to 31st July 2021. We are looking to appoint people as soon as possible.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support Tutors and Higher Level Teaching Assistants to deliver high quality engaging activities to meet the needs of the young people and the key objectives on EHCP’s if applicable
- Help to develop learner’s personal and social skills
- Support learners to identify progression routes forward into further education, training and employment
- Support learners with creative enrichment activities and work experience placements
- Support with regular reviews with the young people to ensure progress against learning plans and identified aims and objectives
- Support with health and well-being
The post holders must have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role and be proactive, creative and able to work using their own initiative. We need people who have great communication skills, patience, empathy, practical skills and an enterprising mind-set.
This role may require travel outside of the centre so applicants must have a full driving licence and access to a car. Applicants must also undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost).
- Part-time posts for varying hours
- £9.60 per hour
- 25 days annual leave & bank holidays pro-rata
- Closing date 5th August
- Interviews 10th August which will be held at our Wellington site
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to equality and diversity.