Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled and motivated Construction Skills Tutor/Mentor on a Fixed Term contract to 31st March 2020 to tutor/mentor trainees so they gain the essential skills and knowledge needed to work in the construction industry.
Using both accredited and non-accredited training approaches you will need to be an excellent tutor, and will lead and manage the learning journey through from initial assessment and individualised training plans through to skills development and readiness of CSCS and Health & Safety certification, leading to progressions into work. You should have a flexible approach to work and enjoy being part of a team, whilst also able to manage your time effectively.
Key responsibilities:• To lead on the design, development and delivery of the programme
• To deliver high quality, engaging sessions, including accredited and non-accredited construction skills training (from Entry Level to Level 2) linked to the locally devised matrix of skills that employers are looking for from the workforce
• Devise or tailor schemes of work, session plans and resources to meet the differentiated needs of learners and in line with the assessment requirements for the CSCS and Health & Safety certification and awarding body guidance
• To assess, plan and monitor learner progress of specific learners focusing on supporting the achievement of their outcomes and contributing to their progression, thereby achieving project targets and goals
This role may involve some travel so own transport and a full driving license is required.
• Salary is negotiable between £23-27k depending on skills and experience
• 37 hours a week
• Base in Telford
• 25 days annual leave
• pension scheme
• Closing date: 14th March
• Interviews will be week commencing 18th March. Date to be confirmed and will be held in Wellington, Telford.
Landau is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all participants and expects its staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check (at Landau cost).
To apply please visit our website: https://www.landau.co.uk/careers/
‘Changing Lives, Creating Futures
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer