Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Engagement Worker to support with high quality engagement and learning activities on the delivery of a Personalised Programme in Telford, supporting a young person with learning and communication needs who holds an Education, Health & Care Plan. This is a Fixed Term contract to 31st July 2021. We are looking to appoint someone as soon as possible. The young person is looking for someone who is creative and fun to be with, who has lots of ideas for activities and who will help them to become as independent as possible.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Devise and deliver high quality engaging activities, to meet the needs of the young person and the key objectives on the EHCP
- Supporting the young person to access and participate in a range of volunteering placements, some of which are outdoors with animals
- Help to develop independent living skills
- Support with the development of communication skills
- Undertake regular reviews with the young person and their family to ensure progress against identified aims and objectives
- Support with health and well-being
The post holder must have inclusive communication skills including Makaton at Level 2 or above. You will need to have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role and be proactive, creative and able to work using your own initiative. We need someone who has great communication skills, patience, empathy, practical skills and an enterprising mind-set, as well as strong teaching ability.
This role will require travel outside of the centre so applicants must have a full driving licence, business insurance and access to a car. Applicants must also undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost).
- Part-time post for 2-3 days a week
- £10.40 per hour
- 25 days annual leave & bank holidays pro-rata
Contract length: 9 months
Application Deadline: 20/10/2020
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to equality and diversity.