SESSIONAL JOB COACH
Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
We are looking for sessional job coaches to work on a freelance basis to provide motivational and practical one-to-one mentoring and support to young people aged 16-24 on training programmes, and/or work experience placements, either in the workplace (on-the-job) in training centres or community venues in both Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin and Herefordshire. This could be for short (1-2 weeks) or longer term placements.
This is a great role for someone who wants to help improve the prospects for young people with barriers and challenges and who is excited at the idea of being part of a forward thinking organisation that helps change lives. The successful applicants will ideally have some life experience of helping people move forward, but for those without experience, this is the perfect opportunity to gain skills and improve your future employment prospects.
We are looking for someone who:
· Is calm, patient, caring and works with tact and sensitivity
· Is flexible
· Has excellent communication skills
· Is person focussed and committed to meeting the individual needs of learners
· Is achievement focussed
· Is able to work as part of a team and contribute effectively
· Ideally has previous experience of working with learners aged 16-24 in an educational setting with possible experience of Education, Health and Care Plans
· Has some experience of providing Information, Advice and Guidance
The role would work to the relevant occupational standards such as those set out by BASE https://www.base-uk.org and operate under respective guidance or regulations, such as DfE Supported Internship guidance.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this we would like to hear from you.
· The hourly rate is £9.60 and is paid monthly.
· As the work could involve travel a full driving licence and access to a car is essential. The role will also require an enhanced DBS certificate (cost borne by Landau)
Interested applicants should request further details and the application form from:
Carole Moreton, HR Officer [email protected]