Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
We are looking to recruit skilled and motivated freelance tutors to support with high quality teaching and learning activities, supporting young people identified as NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) in Telford and Hereford, working with small cohorts of young people aged 15-24. These posts are on a self-employed basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Support with the design, development and promotion of the Young People’s programme and assisting with the recruitment and induction of learners, creating an individual learning plan
• Deliver high quality engaging sessions, including accredited and non-accredited short courses, aimed at preparation for work and functional skills
• Devising or tailoring inspiring schemes of work, session plans and resources to meet the differentiated needs of learners
• Undertaking robust person-centred initial assessments, diagnostic testing and regular progress monitoring of individual learning plans so that learner needs are met and positive progression achieved
• Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement, developing creative new approaches and innovative techniques to most effectively engage, support and retain learners
• Acting as an ambassador for Landau
The person will need to have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role and be proactive, creative and able to work using their own initiative. We need someone who has practical skills and an enterprising mind-set, as well as strong teaching ability. This role will require travel so applicants must have a full driving licence and access to a car. Applicants must also undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost).
• Part-time hours to be discussed at interview
• £11.88 per hour
• Closing date 19th March
• Interviews w/c 25th March which will be held in Telford and Hereford
Interested applicants should visit our website where they can download the application pack www.landau.co.uk
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to equality and diversity.