We have exciting opportunities for Higher Level Teaching Assistants to support with high quality teaching and learning activities on the delivery of our Study Programme in Telford, working with a small cohort of young people aged 16-19 (up to 24 if they have an Education, Health & Care Plan). These are Fixed Term contracts to 31st July 2021. We are looking to appoint people as soon as possible.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high quality engaging sessions, including ASDAN Employability and Maths and English Functional Skills from Entry Level to Level 2
- Devising or tailoring inspiring session plans and resources to meet the differentiated needs of learners and in line with assessment requirements and awarding body guidance
- Undertake regular reviews with learners to ensure progress against individual learning plans
- Support with learner well-being and behaviour management
- Support learners to prepare for work experience and working in the community
- Support with internal assessment and preparation for moderation of portfolios
You will need to have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role and be proactive, creative and able to work using your own initiative. We need people who have great communication skills, patience, practical skills and an enterprising mind-set, as well as strong teaching ability.
This role may require occasional travel outside of the centre so applicants must have a full driving licence and access to a car. Applicants must also undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost).
- Part-time posts available
- £10.40 per hour
- 25 days annual leave & bank holidays pro-rata
- Closing date 5th August
- Interviews 10th August which will be held at our Wellington site
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to equality and diversity.