Landau Ltd. is a supported employment and work-related training organisation that aims to provide local people (including those with learning disabilities, long-term health issues, the long-term unemployed and disadvantaged young people) with the skills and support they need to find sustainable employment and purposeful futures.
We have an exciting opportunity for a tutor to support with high quality teaching and learning activities on the delivery of our Study Programme in Telford, working with a small cohort of young people aged 16-19 (up to 24 if they have an Education, Health & Care Plan). This is a Fixed Term contract to 31st July 2021. We are looking to appoint someone as soon as possible.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high quality engaging sessions, including ASDAN Employability and Maths and English Functional Skills from Entry Level to Level 2
- Devising or tailoring inspiring schemes of work, session plans and resources to meet the differentiated needs of learners and in line with assessment requirements and awarding body guidance
- Undertaking robust person-centred initial assessments, initial assessment diagnostic testing and regular monitoring of individual learning plans
- Directing and managing the deployment of Higher Level Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants to ensure effective teaching and learning delivery
- Acting as an ambassador for Landau
The person will need to have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role and be proactive, creative and able to work using their own initiative. We need someone who has practical skills and an enterprising mind-set, as well as strong teaching ability.
This role may require occasional travel outside of the centre so applicants must have a full driving licence and access to a car. Applicants must also undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure (at Landau cost).
- Part-time 4 days/30 hours a week
- £22,857 p.a pro-rata
- 25 days annual leave & bank holidays pro-rata
- Closing date 4th August
- Interviews 7th August which will be held at our Wellington site
Landau is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to equality and diversity.