<meta name="Keywords" content="benefit entitlement, calculate your allowance, working tax credit, personal health budgets">

Advice on Benefits

Advice on Benefits

If you need to find out about your benefit entitlement, calculate your allowance, working tax credit and more, here’s some useful links to help.

Calculate What Benefits You Can Claim

  • What benefits you could get
  • How to claim
  • How your benefits will be affected if you start work

Advice on Universal Credit

Universal Credit helps pay towards the cost of living if you’re on a low income or are out of work.

Advice on Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) provides financial support and access to employment services if you’re ill or have a disability.

Advice on Carers Allowance

If you’re caring for someone who is receipt of certain benefits for more than 35 hours a week you could get financial support.

Calulate How Much Your Benefits Could Be Capped By

  • Don’t use if you’re applying to receiving Universal Credit
  • Applicable if you’re 16-64 years old

Advice Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for Adults

Now called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for those aged 16-64, you may be able to get support if you have a long-term illness or disability

Advice on Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)

If you work less than 16 hours a week or actively looking for employment you may be entitled to support while you look for a job.

Find Your Nearest Job Centre

Look for your nearest job centre and find contact details and search for jobs near you.

Want Expert Job Searching Advice?


Get FREE templates, loads of reassuring handy advice on everything from interviews, to how to look for a job so you can apply for that job with confidence.