IPS – Individual Placement & Support
Landau offers an individual placement support service (IPS) that provides intensive help and job support for those with mental health barriers delivered by trained specialists that work in partnership with local mental health teams. Working to reduce barriers whilst promoting wellbeing and independence.
People with severe mental health problems have low rates of employment. Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is a supported employment model which supports people with serious mental health problems into employment, and is supported by a wealth of international evidence, following the principles of ”place and train”. It consists of intensive, individual support, rapid job search followed by placement in paid employment, and time-unlimited in-work support for both the employee and the employer.
IPS is recognised as the most effective way to support people with mental health barriers.
What is IPS?
IPS (Individual Placement Support) is the most recognized method of supporting individuals with mental health problems to attain employment.
Based on eight principles:
- Get People Into Competitive Employment
- Open to those who want work
- Source jobs consistent with peoples preferences
- Works Quickly
- Brings Employment Specialist into Clinical Teams
- Employment Specialists develop relationships with employers based on personal work preferences
- Provides Times unlimited, individualised support for the person and their employer
- Benefits counselling included
Make a Referral
If you are part of a mental health team and would like to refer someone to this service, please complete the pre-registration basic eligibility form below and our dedicated Individual Placement Employment Advisers will be in touch with you soon.